ONE OK ROCK - Stand Out Fit In

Today’s song recommendation is another song from ONE OK ROCK and it’s their song; Stand Out Fit In from their album ‘Eye of the storm’ from 2019. 

If you haven’t read my last recommendation with ONE OK ROCK here’s a link. 
ONE OK ROCK - We Are (Also if you wanna know more facts about the band)


The reason why I chose this song is cause I’ve been listening to it on repeat these few days and even when I’m not listening to it, the song keeps playing in my head. 
The lyrics are phenomenal and is about criticizing society’s double standards. 
Taka - who’s the main singer - reaches high notes higher than what my grades have ever been, so please give him the attention and praise that he deserves!

He’s an amazing singer and is able to communicate the emotions of the song really well and the live version of this song is just incredible and to die for. I almost don’t have anymore adjectives to use but it’s for a reason. This song - actually this band - deserve all the positive adjectives there is to offer. 

ONE OK ROCK uses this song to convey the messsage to stand tall and be proud of who you are and not give in to peer pressure. The whole point of the song is about contradictions - starting with the title of the song - and the double standards society imposes on us. 
The song criticizes our society and how hypocritical it actually is. How we are forced to fit in with the rest while also being pushed for individuality. 

“Big boy’s don’t cry
Shoot low, aim high
Eat up, stay thin
Stand out, fit in 
Good girls don’t fight
Be you, dress right 
White face, tan skin
Stand out, fit in”. 

The song then focuses on the realization that you need to be your own person and not someone else according to society’s standards. In the end you can’t be someone else, you have to be you. 

“I am who I am, no matter what
Never changing, no matter what”. 

Their lyrics are relatable and relevant and it would be foolish not to listen to their stuff because of the language barrier but for those people who just can’t listen to other languages, ONE OK ROCK may be a Japanese band but many of their songs have a lot of English in it. 
It’s my dream to go to one of their concert and I really recommend watching their live performances. I have never seen a band or artist really connect with their audience as much as ONE OK ROCK. 

I hope you check this song out! 



Comments