Kodaline - Brother

Kodaline is an Irish rock band and consists of Steve Garrigan, Mark Prendergast, Vincent May and Jason Boland. They are formerly known as 21 Demands and have been active since 2005 before they changed their name in 2011. 

They have released three studio albums and today's song recommendation of the day is their song "Brother" from their third studio album, 'Politics of Living'.


The song is an emotional banger about brotherhood - not necessarily blood related - that tells the story of two boys and their close relationship through the years. It's a song about an unbreakable bond and the trust between the two parties who's always there for each other. 

I really love the song - the melody, vocals and especially the lyrics makes me very emotional. It's a song that makes you pause and really focus on the lyrics and makes you almost envious of the relationship between the two.

The following lyrics are especially heart-wrenching in my opinion;

"If I was dying on my knees
You would be the one to rescue me
And if you were drowned at sea
I'd give you my lungs so you could breathe".
//
"And if we hit on troubled water
I'll be the one to keep you warm and safe
And we'll be carrying each other 
Until we say goodbye on our dying day".

In my opinion it's not everyday you come across a song like this, where the content is about love but not romantic or sexual love. It's about friendship - brotherhood - with a bond so deep you would do anything for them and I think that's absolutely beautiful. I really hope everyone gives it a listen cause I don't think I can give it justice enough with my words. 

Please enjoy! :)

Kodaline - Brother

Comments

  1. I've never heard this song before but I LOVE it. It makes me think of my two sons. My 20 year old is stationed far away for the Air Force. My oldest (24) cries every time he has to hug his little brother goodbye and it's always hard to watch. Thank you for sharing this beautiful song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment♥and even if it made me cry😂

      Delete
  2. I love songs with deep meanings. And this one is unique as it is about friendship and brotherhood. Songs that always bring tear to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loves those kind of songs too! hits different

      Delete
  3. I love kodaline and I first heard them was in Ireland on a tour. Everyday we hear Love like this to start the day. A am enjoying their new stuff as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so lucky that you heard them live!

      Delete

Post a Comment