ONE OK ROCK - WE ARE

ONE OK ROCK is a Japanese rock band formed in 2005. The band currently consist of Takahiro Moriuchi (Taka) - the vocalist, Toru Yamashita - the bandleader and guitarist, Ryota Kohama - the bassist and Tomoya Kanki who is the drummer.

The song recommendation of the day is their song We Are from their album 'Ambitions' that was released on January 2017.



Taka said this about the album: "We wanted to make an album where we can all sing along together. By singing strongly in unison about hope, we wish to reinforce the importance of not giving up".

We Are really embodies that and is also my favorite song from the group. The lyrics are very meaningful and really gives the listener a feeling of empowerment and belongning. But the best part of the song have to be seing the live performances. First time I saw the live performance of We Are I got goosebumps and tears in my eyes. It's really a sight to behold! The audience are very active and sings along and theres no phone to be seen, everyone is just living in the moment and looking at it brings me a feeling of amazement and awe.

Honestly the lyrics of this song is just on point and I wish I could share the whole thing but that would probably be too much, so here's a snippet of the bridge:

"Never tell yourself
You should be someone else
Stand up tall and say¨
I'm not afraid, i'm not afraid".

I hope everyone puts away prejudices and just give it a listen! I'll put the link below :)
It really is an incredible song and I hope you enjoy it!

ONE OK ROCK - WE ARE


Comments