Alicia Keys - Underdog

Alicia Keys - as we all know - is an American musician, singer, composer etc. 
Todays song recommendation of the day is her newly released hit song "Underdog" that was released on January of this year. 

Personally I think the song is really great and I've actually had it on repeat the last couple of days! I really love it and hope everyone gives it a listen. It's a song that compels me to move around and dance, especially when the chorus hits, and I recommend everyone listening to this song, to do it on headphones with the volume turned completely up.  
But while song makes me move around, the lyrics makes me pause. The lyrics focuses on finding your voice, recognizing your power, and defying any odds that comes your way - which also is the meaning of the word 'underdog', someone who is expected to lose. 

Here's a snippet of the chorus: 

"This goes out to the underdog
Keep on keeping at what you love
You'll find that someday soon enough
You will rise up, rise up, yeah".
              
The song is very powerful and empowering which is something that we all need and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!! 





If anyone is interested, I recommend reading her interview on Teen 
vogue where she goes into depth about the song! :)

Comments